GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Content Manager who will be responsible for developing high quality digital content for its Brooklyn-based US business, Boardworks US.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in building a best-in-class content-management function in a fast-growing and dynamic education business.
Based in the UK now, you will have had first-hand experience of living or working in the US and/or experience in developing materials for the US market, giving you the edge in writing and editing for a US audience.
Who are we?
The content team at GL is focussed on maintaining, updating, enhancing, and producing UK and international versions of existing products and developing new product as required. A key part of this work is to support sales in the US both of presentation-based content developed by Boardworks (now part of GL) and of some of GL’s assessment product.
- Work with Boardworks US to define what is required to meet the customer needs and opportunities that they have identified.
- Understand the Boardworks content, technology, and customer value proposition to ensure that new versions or content fit the requirements.
- Ensure that all Boardworks US content maintains and enhances Boardworks’ reputation for engaging digital educational content which is easy to use in the classroom
- Check or brief external suppliers to check digital functionality of Boardworks US content in detail
- Plan the process, schedule, and costs
- Commission authors, manage freelancers or other external providers to create the content, and monitor its quality against the brief
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, to quality standards and to budget.
- Carry out similar responsibilities on other GL product as required
What are we looking for?
- A passion for education with a relentless focus on producing high quality resources.
- Highly organised with a capability for keeping an excellent grip on project detail and timings
- Enthusiasm and adaptability and able to work well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm about using digital technologies effectively in order to build engaging, high-quality products and quick at learning new platforms and software
- A strong collaborative style to work effectively with suppliers and in-house teams in the UK and US
- Develop constructive relationships with external writers, create clear, detailed briefs, monitor quality of material, and give tactful but incisive feedback
- Patience and a commitment to getting the detail of both content and functionality right
Location: Brentford, TW8
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/working environment
- Have you lived/worked in the US or have experience developing materials for the US market?
- Do you have experience of producing and briefing freelancers to produce content within a content management tool?
If you can answer yes to both the above, and wish to apply, please send in your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org