GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Part time Credit Controller to join our team in Swindon. This role will contribute to the successful management of the Sales Ledger, and to enable all GL Education groups to meet their financial targets.
The Credit Controller will ensure all customers, internal and external, receive an efficient and effective service from the Credit Control Team.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Maintain Sales Ledger accounts.
- Ensure cash collection targets are met and customers pay in accordance within their credit terms, to reduce DSO.
- Reduce old debt and Bad Debt Provision.
- Act as an escalation point to resolve customer account queries.
- Chase overdue debts by telephone, correspondence.
- Raise credit notes when required.
- Keep accurate ‘Housekeeping’ of sales ledger accounts.
- Assist when directed, sections that have staff shortages or are unable to meet the days objectives.
- Assist with any other duties as specified by the Supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- Working knowledge of Sales Ledger, Credit Control, cash posting and reconciliations
- Proven ability of achieving previous cash collection targets set
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Active listening skills
- Good customer service skills both internal and external
- Knowledge, to Intermediate Level, of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Decision making skills
- A basic knowledge of Credit Limits, Credit Terms and their financial and commercial impact
- Ability to work effectively in a team or on their own
- Tenacious and self-motivated with a desire to succeed
- Stress tolerance skills coupled with a methodical and logical approach
- 6 months+ current Credit Control and Sales Ledger experience to include proven achievement of Cash Collection Targets. A good understanding of Cash Posting and reconciliation procedures.
- Experience of working within a Credit Control Team and an understanding for the dynamics of the team.
- Educated to GCSE grade B or above in Maths and English
Location: Swindon, SN2
Hours: Part time, 20 hours per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- On site gym, weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to email@example.com