GL Assessment are seeking a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to manage a small team at our development office based in Durham. You will proactively monitor the health of production and development systems in Azure and actively seek out any potential issues and resolve them before they affect operations.
You will have experience at implementing and maintaining build and automation solutions, to replace or augment existing manual infrastructure processes.
You will also have a passion for technology and thrive on breaking down barriers for the team, along with both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
At GL Assessment, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to grow children to their best potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast - at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe.
The duties will involve:
- Implement and maintain software delivery pipelines from development to production environments and an automated infrastructure provisioning with parameter driven templates.
- Create and maintain a scalable, resilient & secure CI/CD environment and remove the dependency on the on-premise systems.
- Manage, coach and develop other members of the Infrastructure Team and work with the wider team management.
- Maintain and support the current on-premise and cloud hosted services.
- Monitor the performance of all systems & carry out preventative maintenance as required.
- Provide 3rd line support to the technical support team as required.
- Provide technical assistance to other members of GL Development team.
- Ensure that all technical documentation for all services is accurately maintained.
What we are looking for:
- Have a professional attitude, with the confidence to lead by example.
- Have experience working with Microsoft Azure, Team City, Octopus Deploy and Windows server 2012 and above.
- Experience with Team foundation Server (TFS), Amazon web services, SQL, CDN, Terraform, Azure DevOps (VSTS) would be beneficial.
- Be innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate new ideas.
- Be credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely.
- Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and a desire to see others succeed.
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
Please apply with your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you to firstname.lastname@example.org