As a product manager at GL Assessment you will be responsible for managing existing products in both UK and international markets and creating and developing evolving market needs focussed product support and new products. You will need to work closely with colleagues to support their customers’ requirements as well as identify new opportunities for developing enhanced product support and new products. As part of this key strategic role, you will manage the process of relationship building with our customers to improve our market share and achieve further growth.
Central to this role is the ability to show leadership within a professional and open team culture and ensure that this is underpinned by strong portfolio knowledge and an appreciation of the diversity of needs across the markets that are the focus for future revenue generation.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to grow children to their best potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally – at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However, this only accounts for 1 per cent of the children in the world. Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
What we are looking for:
- Define the product strategy and road map for products in your portfolio.
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Write the business case for investments and gain internal approval
- Propose a product marketing plan and budget and then deliver against it
- Write Product Requirements and Market Requirements documents
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Be the recognised expert in the business on your product, the market and the competition.
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product
- Develop and deliver go to market launch plans
- Conduct market and competitor research
- Promote the product to sales teams through sales training session and, update briefings
- Manage development and marketing projects to deliver to plan
- Collate feedback from sales and customers
- Evangelise the product internally and externally
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts
Location: Brentford, TW8
Hours: Full time, 37.5 per week
- Be a skilled influencer.
- Have a professional attitude and extensive experience of working in a product management environment.
- Be passionate about education, with a desire to use digital technologies effectively in order to build engaging, high-quality products.
- Be innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate new ideas.
- Be credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to represent GL and communicate our beliefs and opinions clearly and confidently.
- Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and a desire to see others succeed.
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, season ticket loan
- On site gym, weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you, to GL.Recruitment@gl-assessment.co.uk