GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager who will take full accountability for the discovery, definition, delivery, and performance of GL assessment products.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in building a best-in-class product management function in a fast-growing and dynamic education business. You will be responsible for understanding and meeting the needs of your customers and users and driving the commercial success of your products. Through fresh, innovative thinking, you will execute the product vision by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to the customer.
You will manage and be responsible for the commercial performance of GL Assessment products, ensuring that they are fit for purpose in all market segments in the UK and internationally, are educationally sound and deliver great value to our customers.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual, and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the education market, of the principles of assessment, and of your product set.To engage with and leverage the expertise available in the product team to support product decision making.
- Ensure that product decisions are driven by robust customer insight and rigorous data analysis.Maintain close and regular contact with the customer base across all market segments to ensure a deep understanding of the value our customers derive from your product set.
- Build and communicate a compelling vision for your product set and work with the Head of Product Management to build a roadmap from that vision that is understood across the business.To act as an evangelist for your product set across the business.
- Understand developments in the education sector, including knowledge of our competitors, and how they impact your products and services, and to react appropriately to those developments to ensure that you maintain a set of marketable propositions.
- Work with the Head of Product Management and the Director of Assessment Development to bring forward proposals for investment in new products and services which provide effective solutions to business problems, develop them, and then launch them with momentum, on time, within budget, to a high quality and with close attention to detail.
- Work closely and collaborate with the Tech team to ensure alignment at every stage of product development from ideation to launch.
- Help guide the delivery team backlog priorities, defining epics and features for the creation of stories.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, customer support and finance teams to develop go to market launch plans, positioning and messaging, pricing strategy, and to ensure that all your products are accompanied by full collateral sets.
- Manage, track and report on the performance of your products post-launch and throughout their lifecycle through financial metrics, performance KPIs and market feedback.
- Work with the wider product team to drive process and external communication for products that will be sunsetted, including plans for migrating customers.
- Contribute to strategic planning, and sales and business development strategy.
- Be the voice of the customer across the business.
What are we looking for?
- Passionate about education and assessment to support the building of high-quality and customer orientated products
- Collaborative – a natural team player comfortable with building relationships across teams
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and recommends plans that impact results.
- Maintain close contact with customers to understand how they use your products, where they derive value, and to constantly assess where the market is heading.
- Be credible, confident, and articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about the value of digital solutions and the emerging power of data in the classroom and within education more widely.
- Set high standards of rigour, getting detail right.
- Structured in approach and disciplined to get the job done and focused on delivery and outcomes.
- Adopting Product Owner and Business Analyst responsibilities when required.
- Analytical, able to identify and access the data they need from multiple sources and comfortable making decisions in the face of data ambiguity.Understands how to use data to drive commercial decisions and identify growth opportunities for the products.
- Skilled in breaking down large complex issues into simpler elements that can be effectively addressed.
- Understand UX and UI needs and be able to convey these to maximise product enhancements. be creative, with a concise, precise, and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate new ideas dispassionately.
Location: Brentford, TW8
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- On site gym (Brentford office only), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org