Are you a tech savvy customer service professional looking for a role in a fast paced team?
We are seeking a Technical Support Advisor to join our customer service team providing support, advice and minor technical solutions for our valued customers.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to grow children to their best potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils so they can find the best way to teach them. We are a growing company, both in the UK and Internationally with 70% of our assessments now being provided across a digital platform.
This is where you come in! The Technical Support Advisor is responsible for 1st and 2nd line queries that come in to our customer service team
The role requires 5.30am starts and Sunday working on a shared rota basis to accommodate our international customers. There are home working arrangements in place for the early starts (see below for home working requirements).
You will need to:
- Respond to technical support calls and provide customers with a service which exceeds their expectations, to include end to end solution provision and record keeping
- Escalate issues as required and ensure issues are followed up to satisfactory conclusion with the customer
- Liaise with outside technical support contacts to resolve problems on jointly developed/ third party products
- Complete daily testing of basic functionality of all hosted services and conduct new product testing
- Liaise with Sales teams regarding customer licensing issues and queries
- Maintain the online Technical Support FAQs and associated documentation
- Communicate with customers on all levels to include some site visits as needed
- Assist the wider Customer Service team; taking calls, gathering call-back information, placing orders and managing sales leads allocated according to targets
What we are looking for:
- High level of IT and technical skills (Windows Operating Systems, CRM, Android, Chrome and IOS)
- Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ ICT or BTEC in IT/ICT or Substantial experience in high volume tech support environment
- Customer service and technical experience essential
- An adaptable, calm and measured approach
- Excellent and efficient communicator
Home Working Requirements:
- Internet (access to your router and a spare Ethernet port)
- Mains power (2 plugs) close to a working surface where you can work with your laptop and take calls from customers without environmental noise or distractions
- GL Assessment will provide the laptop, cables, phone and additional required equipment for home working
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Season ticket loan, eye care scheme, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Weekly fruit platters
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you, to GL.Recruitment@gl-assessment.co.uk