Return to School – 4 week online webinar series
The Return to School series of online training webinars is designed to support school leaders in utilising and combining assessment data from the CAT4, PT Series, NGRT and PASS to benchmark, identify gaps in learning and understand student wellbeing.
This course is held over 4 weeks and focuses on the effective use of assessment data to build a whole student view following students’ return to school.
What will the course cover?
- Effective evaluation and comparison of measures of ability, attainment, and attitudes
- Analysis of students’ capabilities, learning barriers and comparative performance and the importance of personalised learning to each individual’s needs.
- How reports provided by CAT4, PT Series, NGRT and PASS can be analysed to provide actionable insight at a student, class, and whole-school level.
- Setting a baseline in the new school year
- Understanding the needs of new admissions
- Using CAT4 to identify different student profiles
- Identifying gaps in learning and tackling underachievement
- Using PT to identify gaps upon returning to school
- Combining ability and attainment data to spot underachievement
- Using NGRT to identify literacy needs
- Using the literacy flowchart to determine next steps
- Introduction to additional literacy screening
- An objective measure of student wellbeing and triangulating data to gain the Whole Student View
- Using PASS to identify student wellbeing trends
- Combining core assessment data to form the whole student view
- The course lasts four weeks and requires a commitment of up to 3 hours per week including self-guided activity.
- Participants can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage.
- Participants should have a working knowledge of CAT4, and PT Series assessments (or attainment measures used) and have introduced, or be in the process of introducing them, in their schools.
- Participants should be prepared to engage regularly throughout the course.
Who should attend?
- Principals, Deputy Principals, Heads of Assessment, Curriculum Co-ordinators
- Whoever is responsible for ensuring the effective use of assessments within the school to improve teaching and learning
- Guided, hands-on analysis of sample / your school’s data
- Share experience and best practice
- Coaching materials to take back to your school
This workshop starts on the date below and will last four weeks. It requires a commitment of up to 3 hours per week. Participants can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage of the group dialogue.
Thursday 1st October – Wednesday 21st October
- This online webinar series is free of charge
- Fill in the form below to register.
Additional Training in 2020
Exhibitions and Conferences – find out which conferences and exhibitions we will be attending this year.
Training – find out what additional training provisions are available to you this year.
Webinars – view our past webinars covering product use and best practice.