Data for Leadership
This one-day course is designed for senior leaders who wish to:
- Own and develop a school-wide strategy for effective use of CAT4 and other assessment data
- Take the lead in training and upskilling key colleagues in using data
- Provide the principal and SLT with an assessment strategy to support school self-evaluation and school development plans leading to school improvement
The session will:
- Provide training materials that can be used to support colleagues in interpreting and analysing data to inform learning and teaching according to defined roles
- Provide specific examples of how the data can be analysed and used to identify under and over performance, and the next steps needed
- Support attendees to develop a school assessment plan, using best practice of scheduling and analysing data to maximise impact
Discussion is central to the workshop, and participants must be prepared to engage with and challenge others’ ideas, as well as defending and developing their own. As a result, participants should be able to leave with a fully developed action plan for the remainder of the academic year.
Who should attend?
- Principals, Deputy Principals, Heads of Assessment, Curriculum Co-ordinators
- Whoever is responsible for ensuring the effective use of assessments within the school to improve teaching and learning
- Guided, hands-on analysis of sample / your school’s data with materials to take back to your school
- Develop a school assessment plan, using best practice of scheduling and analysing data to maximise impact
- Share experience and best practice
Please keep checking back for dates and regions to be announced. Currently face to face training programmes are on hold but will be available again once travel allows.
We would love to hear from you if you're interested in attending an event in your region. Click here to request a workshop near you.
Registrations for these workshops are normally restricted to two places per school. For some sessions we may need to restrict places to one per school.
The charge for these workshops is £200 per delegate.
Other events happening in 2020
Exhibitions and Conferences – find out which conferences and exhibitions we will be attending this year.
Training – find out what additional training provisions are available to you this year.
Webinars – view our past webinars covering product use and best practice.