The New Group Spelling Test is aligned to the new curriculum in England and all questions are delivered via audio.
How should I apply the New Group Spelling Test?
- Evaluate spelling ability once per term with three forms to support termly testing
- Extend testing for particularly able students
- Inform teaching strategies
The New Group Spelling Test is in three sections:
Section 1 - tests five or six spelling rules in line with the new curricula.
Section 2 - tests a variety of different spelling rules using sentence completion tasks.
Extension Section - available to particularly able students. The extended section will show whether a student can manage more difficult spelling rules, and more complex use of vocabulary and grammar.
The New Group Spelling Test will contain the following reports:
- Group report for teachers (PDF and Excel®)
- Individual student report for teachers (PDF and Excel®)
- Cross Trust Report (PDF and Excel®)
- Progress report (PDF and Excel®) – this will show you the level of progress made between two tests (coming in 2018 – a Progress report between three points of progress)
How can I use the New Group Spelling Test with the New Group Reading Test?
- You can choose to compare spelling and reading together
- Cross report combining and comparing scores from both tests – SAS, stanine and age equivalent scores
From 2018 there will also be a Cross Individual report for teachers available.